Saturday 20 April 2013

Austin, Texas, "Keeping Austin Weird".


We just missed the Lonestar Roundup, due to work requirements, but there were still plenty of interesting old cars to look at, a few days later .
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I asked him if I could take a picture, I don't know his name, but like so many of the people we met on our travels, he was smiling and friendly. I come from Yorkshire in the north of England, where we value eccentricity. I'm happy to say, Austin does too.


 
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. I love your pictures of old cars. My personal taste is restoration rather than customization, but these are still nice. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fantastic! You could give Billy Connolly a run for his money with all your current adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Billy Connolly! I like the man, the old scots curmudgeon... I really liked the movie he made in Australia, 'The Man Who Sued God'.
      Are you familiar with Robbie Coltrane? Another great scottish comedian/actor, and appreciator of rusty old cars.
      ('Nuns on the Run', he also played Hagrid in the HaRRY pOTTER MOVIES)

      oH aRSE! I hate that feckin' caps lock key.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm sorry: I meant to include a bike or two too.
      I will, soon.

      Delete
  4. Super cool vehicles! Alas, I have been through Austin many times, but always on the upper deck of I-35.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get off I-35, and visit the city one of these days. It's worth it, Guadelupe, up near the University, for a stroll, music and arts on the street, walk around the state capitol, and muse on the Republic of Texas, then on down the hill and over the river, for the bright splash of eccentricity that is South Congress. So far, we've only seen a tiny bit of Austin.

      Delete


Spam will be reported and swiftly deleted. I will put a curse upon you if you post spam links.