Tuesday 28 July 2009

Leavin' on a Jet Plane...


The Red Dirt Mule, guest blogger of the previous post, is leaving on a jet plane. Now she's discovered my secret stash of piggy banks, and learned how to ransack them. See, I was reading a book called'Valverde's Gold'
about the lost treasures of the Incas, and it seems treasure fever got to her. No sooner had I read out a little excerpt than she was.... "Takin four paces nor-nor-west from the ponderin'tree, two to the east, pause by the bookcase and...... home-in on the piggies above the gas heater...............
"How do you get the money out?" she demanded, looking around for a hammer.... I explained the finer points of pig ransacking, then moved on to advanced pillaging.

The pig on the left was made in my pottery in Yorkshire, in the late 1980s, the other?1982, in Ristiina, Finland.
Oh yes, wherever I have travelled, I've made pigs.
I plan to teach the Mule to make them, in due course.
We hope to re-unite the pigs, sooner rather than later.

2 comments:

  1. GRIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PIGGY LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my piggy is soooo happy in his new home! he's sparked contentiousness already - more than one mulette has spoken for him ....

    BUT THIS PIGGY'S MINE !! I growl back at them. But it does look like i might have to let go of my schillings in return ..... sigh. kids.

    xxx
    rdg

    ReplyDelete


Spam will be reported and swiftly deleted. I will put a curse upon you if you post spam links.