Friday 19 October 2007

Tankchair:- An Engineer's token of Love.



Awesome! Tankchair
Built by a very talented man, after his wife was injured in an accident, he sought to make a chair that would enable her to enjoy the woods, hiking, the places she had loved when she was able to walk. It can cope with mud, streams, snow, gravel, soft ground, all those things that are impossible for an ordinary wheelchair.
It can even climb stairs!
(though I bet that's scary for the pilot)

Their website says "For every 10 chairs sold, TankChair is going to donate one to a fire department in a rural area so that they can give it away to someone who would not normally be able to afford one. The first is going to go to Parker Fire Department in Arizona. This is our hometown and they were the ones who rescued my wife, my kids, and myself when we got in the accident that put her in the chair."

When I read their website I was so impressed at how he has striven to give his wife back the freedom of the outdoors.
If ever I need a wheelchair, I'll beg for one of these.

3 comments:

  1. It is lovely that he did it for her,it's just that it looks like it should have a machine gun attached.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sexy :D

    Do they make this in lazy boy types?!

    N

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spellbound, yes indeedy...
    and the user dressed in arnie-esque armour....

    Nothingman, I'm sure that could be done. The one with the beercooler in the armrest?

    ReplyDelete


Spam will be reported and swiftly deleted. I will put a curse upon you if you post spam links.