Sunday 4 March 2007

Richard Hammond, BBC Top Gear.

BBC Top Gear co-presenter Richard Hammond said he thought he was going to die after he lost control of the Vampire jet powered car, at 288mph, when the car flipped over while he was filming a feature for the show, on an RAF airfield near York, last September.
Hammond, known as "Hamster", suffered brain damage and was in a coma but is expected to make a full recovery.

Last month Hammond told Jonathan Ross in his first TV interview that he had no memory of two weeks of his life after the incident.

"I was driving and then it was two weeks later and I was in Leeds (hospital)," he said.

"Apparently I was awake on the way to the helicopter and I got a bit fighty, I wanted to do a piece to camera, but my eyes were pointing in different directions," he said of his trip by air ambulance to Leeds General Infirmary.

1 comment:

  1. I missed the programme where they showed the crash, so was really glad to see this!! Thank you!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete


Spam will be reported and swiftly deleted. I will put a curse upon you if you post spam links.