Wednesday 18 April 2018

Finding You

Finding You

I love to find you in the night-time,
When your toes rest, child-like, upon my legs;
To be stirred by the warmth of your body -
Naked, smooth, slow-breathing, sleeping ...
The smell of your hair, your pillowed head
Sheltering under my arm.
So we cheat the waking, working hours.

The green-glow figures of time
Play gooseberry in the dark,
Unmasking each newborn minute
In the silence of bird-sleeping hours.

Time will not stand still for us
Nor life be more than earth;
Yet more ancient hearts than ours knew,
Like us, the intimate quiet of night.


Poet unknown.
From another time.

4 comments:

  1. thankyou for reminding us of this poem xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember how long ago this one was.... Wish I tagged my posts better!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hey, Mystic Rose, you were a very early reader of this blog!
      How are you?
      Are you still blogging?

      Delete


Spam will be reported and swiftly deleted. I will put a curse upon you if you post spam links.