Thursday 7 February 2008

"No Mule's Fool" Family, 1970



"No Mule's Fool"
A dusty day in this old town
A hazy yellow eye looks down
A buzzing bee's the only lazy sound

I take grass, he hits the hay
The two of us drift through the day
A butterfly, a sigh, and it's flick away

Know we're lazy, lots of people say so
But one day they're gonna see
We're only doing whatever makes us happy
We're sitting here, me and mule
We make our own rules, and it's cool

I know I'm lazy, lots of people say so
But one day they're gonna see
We're only doing whatever makes us happy
We're sitting here, me and mule
We're nobody's fool, and it's cool

Close my eyes, yeah I feel alright
Yeah, must be close to 95
Got my shade from a good old hat made of hide

One more day in God's good sun
And we won't move for anyone
Spend your lazy days and ways just turning on

I'm looking down, there's my old mule
A stubborn nag, but no, no one's fool
He's my only friend and he's cool

My old mule, nobody's fool

3 comments:

  1. 58, you obviouly got the answer the same place I did.
    Yours: 3 and a snidgen, I mean smidgen ;-) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family were the first band I ever saw (apart from The Troggs/ which doesnt really count!)
    YES 58 is the answer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean the lacking of reck, um snidgens, definitely. As a kid I was crap at maths. But I liked all the problems in the ancient text books we had at school, all those that say... A train leaves station A and proceeds westward toward station B, at a steady speed of 46 miles per hour. Every five miles it stops at a local halt for two minutes.
    Another train, an express leaves station B at the same time, and proceeds eastwards at 68 miles per hour and makes no halts.
    At what distance from Station A will they pass?
    I loved those, because I could daydream stories about them
    Whereas 6x-3y+15b=12 just doesn't flutter my cauliflowers.

    Tony... You're right. the Troggs don't count.
    I first saw Family on stage at the Leeds University Refectory. I recall they had endless crates of beer, whereas we had to shuffle out to the adjacent bar and then fight our way back with brimming pints.
    Ha
    Those were the days, eh...

    ReplyDelete


Spam will be reported and swiftly deleted. I will put a curse upon you if you post spam links.